Owning a racehorse or purchasing shares through a syndicate requires a lot of back work. You need a lot of experience in choosing the right racehorse. Make sure to invest in race horses with minimal injury issues. You must be aware of certain aspects when looking for a racecourse. Here you can learn about the things to be noted when investing in a racehorse. Some additional tips on betting race horses will be quite useful for beginners.
Choosing The Right Racehorse
The following factors help in purchasing the right racehorse.
Pedigree: It is the perfect place to look for your racehorse. Decide on the type of racehorse you want. Look for sires which are fashionable and appealing. Invest in their offspring as they exhibit progressive features. Perform research on the Dam’s side of breeding. Look for previous offsprings who are winners. A Dam’s side breed is said to come up with more number of wins.
Bone Structure: A closer look at the horse’s bone structure is vital when purchasing racehorses. There must be a proportion of the horse bone structure for better performance. Do not go for heavy horses with thin and weak leg bones. Examine the horse from the front and make sure the leg bones travel in a straight line from the chest, to knee and hoof. The space formed between the horse’s front legs and chest aids in rapid heart beating. Check for the knee position when buying a racehorse. Feel the horse legs and check for splints or bumps. Inspect the feet structure of the horse as it helps in carrying its weight with efficiency.
Muscle Strength: The muscle tone and strength of a horse attribute to the power of the racehorse. Check for the muscles definition across the horse’s shoulder.
Balance: A proportioned look is quite significant with a racehorse. The length of neck, hip and back must be equal. A proportioned racehorse is said to possess the balance.
Coat of The Horse: A shiny coat of the horse is an external proof to know about its health. If the horse looks gleaming and shining, then it is said to possess good health.
Have A check On Movement And Manners
Check for the movement of a racehorse before investing in it. Choose a racehorse with good action irrespective of its phase. Lengthy stride horses perform well. Check for big walks with the racehorse. They must track up well during the walks. Watch the galloping movement of the horse when you prefer purchasing from a breeze-up-sales. Manners of horses has a lot to do with its performance. A calm horse performs better as it possesses a better focus. Purchase calm and relaxed, looking racehorses. They make sure to save energy. A big no to neighing and sweaty horses and they end up wasting their energy before the race.
Check For Overall Looks
When purchasing a racehorse, its overall look matters. Go for racehorses with bright eyes and massive ears. This is a clear indication of alert racehorses. Check if the nostrils and jaws are big. This gives room for a lot of oxygen to enter into their lungs. This helps in increasing their athletic performance.
Taking Care of Racehorses
A racehorse requires proper care and training to exhibit better performance. Address the minor health issues at the earliest. Proper nutrition, training and health care are a must for the racehorses. The primary objective of taking care of racehorses is to make them ready to face racing events. The following caring tips would help to improve the performance of racehorses.
- Grooming of racehorses is a must to maintain its health. It monitors the physical and psychological health of the racehorses. Book frequent appointments with a groomer who prescribes supplements and vaccinations. A rigorous grooming routine helps in conditioning your horses for the race.
- Coat care and maintenance are essential. This involves brushing and combing of the hair using the right equipment. This helps to remove the dirt and soothe the coat. Hire a professional grooming specialist for coat maintenance.
- Taking care of the hoof is also crucial in racehorse maintenance. Remove the gravel, dirt from its hoof and make it ready to face the track. Make sure to trim the hoof for every six weeks.
- Trimming is an important part of racehorse maintenance. Trim the excess hair which hinders its vision. Maintain the right length of tail and mane of the racehorse.
- It requires a lot of patience and hard work to take care of racehorses. Employ experienced trainers for the job.
- Mental conditioning of racehorses is equally important as that of maintaining physical health. Talk with your racehorse to help them learn from the new environment.